Top Ad unit 728 Ć— 90

Social Media Campaigns

recent

Welcome Sun


Welcome Sun, originally uploaded by jabeinji46.

To the West of Amethyst Lakes in the Tonquin valley. Jasper. This photo involved hiking 2 miles in the dark with a flashlight

This photo was the culmination of a backpacking trip into the Tonquin Valley, Alberta, Canada. I rose a little more than two hours before dawn and hiked up a muddy and rocky trail with a small flashlight in order to get to the ramparts before the sun. I got to this spot about 15 minutes before the sun hit the top of the peaks and I set up my Hasselblad and Nikon D200 and began to shoot. I couldn't shoot fast enough as every few seconds I was sure that it was more beautiful than it had been just a few seconds before. After about a half an hour the Ramparts were fully illuminated and I was done. That's when I realized that all of the sweat from my hike had frozen on my body! Brrrrr! The whole time that I was shooting I could hear a Caribou belling at the top of the lake. I started to hike up to see if I could get some shots of the Caribou, but I quickly came to the realization that nothing on the trail that I could see this day would even come close to what I had just seen. The sad part of this story is that between using damaged film, and a lousy lab, several rolls of film were ruined. I plan to take some of the images down to the National Geographic lab and work with an expert to try to improve some of the images I have.
(jabeinji46)

Welcome Sun Reviewed by Zannnie on 10:09 PM Rating: 5
All Rights Reserved by Great Photography © 2015 - 2020
Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.